Wave propagation of the disturbances from place to place in a regular and organized way.
And most familiar are surface waves that travel on water, but sound, light, and the motion of subatomic particles all exhibit wavelike properties.
Also, in the most superficial waves, the disturbance oscillates periodically (see the periodic motion) with a fixed frequency and wavelength.
And mechanical waves, such as sound, require a medium through which to travel.
Also, in contrast, electromagnetic waves (see electromagnetic radiation) do not require a medium and can propagate through a vacuum.
Also, the propagation of the wave through the medium depends on the medium’s properties.
What are the Types and features of Waves?
- Waves come in two kinds: longitudinal and transverse—transverse waves like those on water and with the surface going up and down.
- And longitudinal waves are like those of sound, consisting of alternating compressions and rarefactions in a medium. And the high point of the transverse wave called the crest, and the low end is called the trough.
- Also for longitudinal waves, the compressions and rarefactions are analogous to the crests and troughs of transverse waves.
- Also, the distance between successive crests and troughs is called the wavelength.
- And, the height of the wave is the amplitude. How many crests or troughs past a specific point during the unit of time is called the frequency.
- And the velocity of the wave can express as the wavelength multiplied by the frequency.
1. Wave behavior
- Waves display several basic phenomena. In reflection, the wave encounters the obstacle and reflects.
- And in refraction, the wave bends when it enters a medium through which its different speed.
- Also, in diffraction, waves bend when they pass around small obstacles and spread out through tiny openings.
- When waves hit the boundary and reflected, the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection.
- And also, the angle of incidence is the angle between the direction of the wave. And the line strain perpendicular to the reflecting boundary.
- The waves from two and more centers of disturbance can reinforce each other in some directions. And cancel in others phenomenon is called the interference of waves.
AirSlate Launches 40m and 80m Wiggers with VentureBeat
Introduction 40m 80m Airslate wiggersventurebeat: We at Airslate are committed to giving organizations the resources they require to efficiently manage…
Mural 50M Series Arrwilhelm’s TechCrunch : What Has to Say
Introduction Mural, a startup that builds digital teamwork software that focuses on chart appearance, is now appreciated at more than…